View Single Post
Old 2013-04-02, 17:14   Link #4311
GabrieliosP
黄金の魔女 Golden Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall View Post
If I can ask, what's so hard about it? I've noticed people saying it's fairly difficult, but I don't quite grasp why.
It's only because of his abbilities and he starts the game already at 5SP instead of zero. In the game you have two abilities depending on which characters you chose and you can't have them on everytime. He has EIGHT, activated FULL TIME and his own (which thankfully he only has when tagging and during meta). His full-time abilities are:

ArmorBoost (defense x2)
Patience (gains SP while guarding)
InfinitySP (use one special skill without wasting SP)
Berserk (increased attack)
CounterBoost (counters become stronger)
BreakBoost (opponent's break gauge fills faster)
Resurrection (recovers HP)
AutoGuard (automatically guards whenever possible)

Thanks to AutoGuard he has automatic defense whenever possible (hence most people starting combos by interrupting him during his attacks), but thanks to ArmorBoost whatever damage you do to him will be halved. And thanks to Patience, whenever you hit him and he defends via AutoGuard, he will gain SP. Resurrection makes it so that he recovers health permanently during the course of the match (meaning you have to stay on offensive, because otherwise he'll recover from whatever little damage you did to him) InfinitySP lets him do specials without wasting SP (except for metaworld activating and his SP2, which is a special case). Berserk increases his attack and CounterBoost increases the power of his counters. And finally, BreakBoost makes your Guard Bar fill faster, meaning he'll break your guard and leave you vulnerable.

And also his own ability: Massacre, which recovers health proportionally to how much damage he dishes, and it is ability-unrelated, but his grab has a 100% chance of stunning you afterwards.

To sum it all: bitch is broken like hell. But only because of his abilities. Normal Black Battler and Boss Black Battler have the same AI in Hard Mode, so if you fight agaisnt normalCPU!B.Battler in Hard, you'll see that he's only god-like thanks to the abilities.