Thread: Crunchyroll Saki
View Single Post
Old 2009-07-22, 14:07   Link #1598
Spectrum
Bene Gesserit witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
I was hoping that he'll rewatch this ep instead of asking me "what was I wrong?" with that sentence.

Don't know how could people say that "She practically just sits there and things just happen.". People don't just sit there and they won a hand. They makes it happens. In case of Koromo, it's just that she completes her hand at the last tile. Of course it won't work if one of her opponent is a bad player, but I doubt that's her only way of winning.
Even when Yumi tried to change the flow, she instantly changed it back.
Er, not entirely. While I won't presume to speak for him, my guess is he's likely referring to how, even as the announcers mention, her opponents simply cannot get into tenpai, which is absurd. Not only that, but it's not "can't get into tenpai because she wins so fast", but "can't get into tenpai unless she lets them right at the end so she can win off haitei raoyue". There is literally nothing someone can *actually* do in order to make that happen.

That's what he's probably referring to when comparing her to Saki. In order for Koromo to use her signature move, she needs to have the game drawn out long enough that no one else wins beforehand. I don't know about you, but I have *rarely* seen an exhaustive draw in personal experience. =p Compare this to Saki, while still also having similar bullshit luck powers/apparent knowledge of all hidden tiles, who's only trying to set up her own hand for a kong at the right moment (where she doesn't care nearly as much about the other players' hands).

(As a sidenote, changing the flow with just chows is also absurd. =p It's only meaningful when someone KNOWS where tiles are beforehand and are trying to adjust draws in order to get them. If it's pungs to try and repeatedly skip someone, that's different though.)