View Single Post
Old 2010-12-20, 01:38   Link #49
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

how the heck did i not find out about this? i visited his wiki page because i thought there was a connection to another show i was watching, and bam! new anime coming spring 2011. the character designs definitely look ghibi-esque, but all the scenery and everything else looks exactly like Byousoku and Placed promised, but even better. the scene when the character is falling instantly triggered the "castle in the sky" memory.

i can't wait for the best animator in the business to make something new. i also can't wait for Tenmon to make a soundtrack that'll make me cry. i wonder if it'll be a sad tear-jerker type story. he shouldn't and probably won't play on the theme of distance any more. he's covered the bases with physical distance (byousoku), mental distance (place promised) and time distance (voices). also, like someone said earlier, i doubt he'll be able to surpass Byousoku with that theme anyways.

oh, apparently this one is about "overcoming the loss of someone dear," in contrast with "losing someone" the last three movies played off on.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote