View Single Post
Old 2013-02-17, 09:03   Link #12
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

Kud being a doofus really only works when she has the rest of the Little Busters to bounce off of. The dynamic works well when they're with her, though. I was really concerned we had way too many "derp" girls in the mix, but so far things don't seem too unbalanced. It helps that Mio is back this week, and that Kuragaya is taking a more active role.

I'm guessing this was sort of like the episode where Haruka was butting heads with the disciplinary committee over a drink machine, in that we're introduced to one of the girls to get an idea of what her deal is, and we'll be getting back to her real arc later on. Based on what was said this week about her past, I still think her struggle will involve either the loss of her grandfather, or some circumstance that forces her to return to her other island nation.

I liked the music that played during the test, and also the lighter piano version of Kud's leitmotif that played in the library. I consider most of the soundtrack to be unremarkable, but there have been a few really nice songs in the past couple of weeks.

There was one pattern I'd noticed about all of the other girls so far, but I was hesitant to bring it up, because I was waiting to see if it would hold true for Kud. So far, it seems like it hasn't: All of the conflict in the previous girls' arcs related in some way to a sibling. Komari's passed away, Mio's was imaginary but still took her place, and Haruka's was estranged from her. In addition, we haven't seen Rin's arc, but we know she has a brother, and that he'll soon be leaving her behind. Really, that just leaves Kud and Kuragaya, and each seems to be an only child, but I can't help but wonder if the pattern will continue to hold.