View Single Post
Old 2008-03-10, 05:04   Link #867
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralTigerclaw
Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhangelsk View Post
So aim its directionality at the ground! Have you tried that?

The main problem is that the barrier jacket is too thin.

Even if I grant the barrier jacket INFINITE strength, it isn't going to save Fate. The barrier jacket might be invulnerable, but Fate isn't. If that jacket hardens up in the fashion you suggest on impact, Fate's innards will be subject to even greater decelerative forces and become mincemeat even faster.

Her best chance, in fact, is distance. "Give", as they call it. It provides precious extra milliseconds to decelerate, decreasing the deceleration to a more human number. Exactly the kind of thing the relatively far from skin Defensor will give that skintight BJ field / barrier complex won't...
I'm not disagreeing with you there, I'm only saying that the blow defense is part of the issue. That's why I've been calling this a CONCERN not once, not twice, but THREE times lately.

Also, the GIVE isn't enough in the sequence. 200 to 0 in under a second will STILL Kill You Dead [/RAID!?]

The jacket has to:

1 - Defend from physical/magical impact.
(Field and Barrier)

2 - Defend from outragous accellerations. Especially concerning the external body components having accellerations != to internal organs.
(???)

3 - Provide atmospheric filtering conditions.
(Field)

4 - Provide basic comfort.
(Fabric and Field)