View Single Post
Old 2004-03-07, 19:52   Link #138
PocariSweat
ポカリが?どんな動物ですか?

Hi all,

First a bit of prolog - I had this series collecting on my HD but had never watched a single episode until today. Since it's complete, I decided to watch all eight episodes in one go (yes, I know - stupid, stupid thing to do).

Here, as close as I can make out, are the basic "plot" points (I'll leave off the spoiler tags because, well, you really can't spoil it at this point)...

---

girls fight youma
defeating youma destroys towers
black youma turn out to be blondie (Chris, Crus, Crud, whatever)
dark miko-guys appear to protect him
(um, can guys even be mikos i.e. "shrine maidens")?
scientist guy appears to allow girls to form gray Voltron
meanwhile dark-mikos form an EVA (or blue-meanie take your pick)
gray-voltron defeats blue-meanie
girls get blondie back
blondie tells them...
1) they've been fighting on the wrong side
2) the towers are "good" and were to seal the loligoth-hime out
3) the youma were just to build their skills
(skills for what? destroying his precious towers?)
Koto isn't convinced and runs away
(don't blame her - she should of kept running)
Everyone else just blankly accepts this
Blondie then tortures remaining girls to "rid them of darkness" or whatever
Koto defeats youma-girl
Scarlet destroys last tower
Turns out loligoth-hime really *is* evil and BDSM blondie-guy is good
youma-girl is really another miko
youma-miko and blondie-guy "sacrifice" themselves
girls have to complete the seal
dark mikos show up again to stop girls
(hey, weren't these guys working for blondie?)
Voltron and blue-meanie fight again - both lose
loligoth-hime becomes Aku's mountain from "Samurai Jack"
Girls use the power of karaoke to DESTROY THE EARTH!
Credits roll
Girls appear in swimsuits on a new Earth (or is it the afterlife?) where there's always rainbows and people never move.

---

Yikes! Try as I might I can't fit this together into a coherent story. I should have known something was up when Sacrlet first started using dominance/submission to get Koto to "charm up" )

Really what the point? Heck, if the "Cosprayers" were never formed, the towers would have done their jobs and none of it would of been necessary! Also, since the towers were "good", why did they make all the people disappear? More to the point, why didn't blondie just tell them this to begin with, and why on Earth does he set the girls up to destroy his own towers? Who the hell are the dark mikos? Who was the Scientist-guy and why did he even bother to make any of this crap - all it did was cause trouble.

Heck I thought at the end when the girls were singing and making comments about "that's why she was gray not white" they were just going to use the karaoke to form a "lighter shade of Voltron", but no - the entire planet was consumed in the same "giant Christmas ornament of death" that took out the towers! Now I'm just, confused, shaken, and slightly queasy - I'm sure it's probably just shock though and will eventually wear off - I hope...

and, in closing, remember the moral of the story kiddies - Always trust blond BDSM guys who want to tie you to a cross over sad looking loligoth girls pleading for your help. Little girls are evil - bondage will set you free!