View Single Post
Old 2009-10-23, 10:56   Link #67
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
...Are we still talking DtB and not just a typical harem series?
DtB is still DtB. It's we who are stuck in harem-series mode. Not that the producers didn't know exactly what they were doing, in terms of sales and interest. They know their audience. The nakedness of both Suou and Hei was true fanservice: just a dusting of something to excite the fans. Along with oozing blood and explosions.

But it also fit the story well, emphasizing Suou's perfect vulnerability, which in turn helps push her to the psychological extreme needed for her power to come forth. "All contractors should just die." Does that include her and her brother?

I want to mention again how amazing I think Hanazawa Kana is here. This is as far from her norm in one direction as Potemayo was in another. And as Zange was in yet another.

I'm pretty sure that Suou's pendant holds a shard of a meteor, and that connects her more directly with whatever led to the Earth's whole change, so she gets the power to materialize things through the pendant, such as the rifle, the form of which was in her mind from Nika's shack. Not random. The pendant was also what sucked energy from/to the confining sphere around Hei, I think.

I was extremely happy to have the students, at least for a while. This is connecting us to the story, rather than it just being a distant shoot-em-up full of unreal heroes. This is my preference, anyway.

The twins are not from a magical girl show, but from old fairy tales, for me. The chilling strangeness of powerful duplicates.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.