View Single Post
Old 2011-12-16, 23:10   Link #68
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
Jeez...

Knock it off with the "it was all a decoy" mantra.

It's clear that the diary was an actual threat to Sanetoshi. It nearly defeated him before, and he certainly knew it was a threat.

When I'm up against a truly dangerous opponent I often prepare multiple ways of winning.

I think that's all that Momoka did. The diary was one possible way of defeating Sanetoshi, and the one he already knew about.

It makes perfect sense to make that your main attack. It also makes perfect sense to prepare a backup plan in case your main plan fails.

I think that the diary is a "penguindrum" (whatever that means). Just that there isn't only one penguindrum.

Honestly, I largely agree.

I don't know why the diary has to be a decoy and not simply a case of a threat that Sanetoshi successfully neutralized. In other words, Sanetoshi/Kanba simply defeated Momoka/Ringo in "Round 1". Let's give the antagonists some credit here. They may have just won a battle in a larger war.

Ringo probably could have saved the day. She didn't, because Kanba tricked her into defeat. Ringo continues to be a very sweet and well-intentioned but rather naive girl.