View Single Post
Old 2012-11-07, 10:37   Link #2695
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Several pages later, the question still stands. Don't you ever ask any such silly questions! This is a two party system, buddy. *grabs James by his slender waist and tugs firmly* Get back in line!
Well, if anyone is going to be handling my goods, I'm glad its you .

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
If anyone cares, Gary Johnson got less than 1% of the popular vote and he was predicting a Obama win few hours few the polls closed.
I really hoped that Johnson would have received more of the vote. 3rd Party candidates are a great way of determining the mental state of either major party. Perot "took" votes from everyone in 1992 due to general dissatisfaction, Nader "took" votes in 2000 because Democrats were unsure of Gore's plans for the future (honestly, Gore really lost because of New Hampshire). So, I was hoping Johnson would have taken at least 5% of the vote so that Republicans (and Democrats) would have a quantifiable reason to change their ways. Instead, after listening to Fox last night/this morning, they seem to be doubling down on blaming Romney and not their political strategies. Oh well, I guess the referendum on the Republican Party and the political process will have to wait.

Still, good for the Libertarian Party. They (finally) got 1% of the popular vote. which is just another data point in the ever so slow trend upward toward the White House. Give them another 100 years and they might finally get a Libertarian voted President .