View Single Post
Old 2013-01-22, 19:04   Link #117
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Another reason I'm rewriting the first volume (in addition to making it publish-worthy) - my editor friend and I were discussing strategic issues with the story. In summary:

1) the characters are far too self-aware and on the same page about perceptions. Tsika is not especially self-aware about her insecurities and she totally missed on what is going on inside Glycerin's head. Kpau makes mistakes. Blar makes mistakes, misses clues. This is what believable personalities do -- the story needs more of that.
2) The story seems filled with melodrama, as if each scene has to be a crisis. More *daily life* to flesh out personalities and relationships. This is something I'm trying hard to do in volume 2 but going back and redoing volume 1 is needed as well.
3) Mitigating what are strictly anime-acceptable tropes that don't really fly for other readers. There aren't too many of these but I'd like this to be accessible to anyone, not just people steeped in anime world.

Next chapter is almost ready, probably post it tomorrow and I'll stop moaning about the exercise of writing.

Last edited by Vexx; 2013-01-22 at 19:17.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote