View Single Post
Old 2009-05-31, 13:04   Link #2058
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
I talked with Shaloom about this in the past, but since I donīt have the excellent sourcing which Yot-Chan has, I was easily bamboozled with references to shows I didnīt know much about in the first place. ^^
I don't think anyone should place any blame on you. Shaloom cited a lot of obscure sources, and a lot of them are still unverified (and possibly true).

For example, he says early in the notes that Ranka's backpack was based on a design y the "Macross Attack Team." The M.A.T. was a doujin group that came out with three or four issues of a fanzine called "Sky Angels" in 1983. Some of their information was later compiled into a book, but not all of it.

So, it's a fanzine, probably produced by college students more than 25 years ago. Anyone could say anything about the contents, and no one would have any way of verifying it. Proving something like that wrong is well-nigh impossible. Shaloom DOES have a lot of rare stuff, however, so perhaps he really does have a copy of it.

Who knows? And who can say he knows? And who knows enough about the Macross Attack Team to even ask the question in the first place?

Now multiply that problem times forty, and you've got Shaloom's liner notes. Eventually, you just kind of nod and accept it.

As I said before, it was only my burning desire for Macross novels that pushed me to research it...
Yot-chan is offline   Reply With Quote