View Single Post
Old 2013-02-13, 21:55   Link #1348
Warm Mist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Properly moving a narrative forward towards its completion is the very definition of "progressive".
The thing is that the narrative already exists in written format and is available to anyone, they're just adapting it to moving pictures.

Quote:
Besides, what makes original shows more "progressive" than anime adaptations?
For me it's the fact that original shows give the relevant people involved (the director, scriptwriter and animators) the potential freedom to do and convey whatever they want. If Ishihara wants to keep with Haruhi I have no problems with it, it's his decision. But why is it so bad if he doesn't?

Quote:
This isn't about "failure to move on" from Haruhi. I had no problems "moving on" from Shakugan no Shana or Clannad or Kanon. Because those have good, solid, complete narratives in anime format. Haruhi doesn't.
So SnS or Key are easy to move on from because they have complete anime adaptions. Haruhi doesn't have a complete adaption, therefore I'm forced to infer from your post that the problem is exactly "failure to move on".

Besides everything else, the main purpose of adapting an on-going work has nothing to do with offering a complete narrative in most cases. If you take the Haruhi anime in isolation as a stand-alone story you're missing the fact that Kadokawa thinks of the anime as a glorified advertisement for the books and nothing more.