View Single Post
Old 2006-06-03, 00:43   Link #34
M_Flores
Count of Monte Dorifto

Send a message via MSN to M_Flores
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNT1
yeah, my point is she never makes a mistake :P While I hate for other people to call Kira a god or whatever, its really Lacus that made Kira what he is, or at least a major key player. No one has ever said 'no' to her, everyone mysteriously bows down. in CE she can do no wrong. I mean a real human being in Lacus' place would be bitchslapping Meer right now, but even she cries for her o_O She can provide super MSes for anyone who's at her side (wait.. I like super MSes... scratch that)... I mean her walk in PLANT is a direct rip-off from Star Wars (the emperor)...
Took the words right out of my mouth. I was about to say that but good thing you spared me the time.

It's what made Lacus, IMO, less interesting for me to watch. Her relationship with Kira also seems a little one-sided to me, like they only met twice and they already seem like they're having the perfect relationship - I'm not saying that's unreallistic, but I'm saying it's rather boring to watch. She doesn't seem to struggle as much, rarely has problems, the only time I remember seeing her break down was when her father died, but that's it.

At least Cagalli had struggles, problems and even fights, and her relationship with Athrun had flaws, but was at least more interesting to watch just due to the fact that it did have flaws. BTW, I'm not a Cagalli fan either, just for the record.

I don't see why so many people are fascinated with Lacus so much (yes, there are some sad ppl out there), her personality is kinda boring and one-sided good-guy themed, I understand she's a useful plot device, but I don't see anything special, character-wise. There's NOTHING to develop whatsoever. As an audience of a show, I want to see characters WITH FLAWS and good through some decent CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT to OVERCOME THESE FLAWS, for example, Kira lacked the power, but only had his thoughts, his dreams and his will, he was useless, until he finally got Freedom and was able to use this power to do what he desired. Another example is Athrun - this guy had ISSUES coming out of his ass, his father has become a madman and we see him make tough choices aobut deserting his army, etc. etc. and we were interested on seeing what he'll do in the end, etc.

Same thing with Shinn - this guy had major issues and flaws, except the only problem was, the series only half-developed him and didnt really finish off and develop him further and just left him as he was, because everyone wanted more Kira and Lacus fanservice.
M_Flores is offline   Reply With Quote