View Single Post
Old 2011-12-19, 13:30   Link #90
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akashin View Post
Remember though, it was Grodek who brought up the idea of using the AGE System on the Diva, and Vargas was hesitant to say it'd work; given that, him not considering using the system on the Genoace is more than acceptable. Agreed on not taking any steps at all to improve the Genoace being a flaw, though.
Vargan went out of his way to at least increase the Genoace's survival rate.

Wolf in his case went out to get a better suit so at least he had motivation.

I'm surprised Largan isn't spending more time tinkering with his suit to improve its perfomance and what not.

Quote:
IIRC, the Genoace Custom was customized by the same guy who made the G-Exes, he mentions it back when Woolf first shows up at the facility.
There is no way in hell the mech would've forseen the Custom utilizing a powerful weapon the gundam uses. On that matter I don't recall him mentioning it was customized by him. He just says "tired with your suit?"

In Gundam Unicorn the Delta, which in itself is a powerful unit, snags and cracks a shot off from the Beam Magum and that damaged its arm (not blow it off) but crippled it.

In Gundam Wing it's stated that if a Leo tries using the Dobergun from the Tallgeese that too would blow its arm off and we know how big a recoil that gun gives.

In Age Gundam Woolf snags the Rifle and fires not one but several shots with just one arm. I don't see where this excuse "oh because it was a rock" has anything to do with the custom not being able to use it. He fired several shots and his suit was fine and those shots actually pierced the rock itself.

Quote:
For the rest, see the arguments about the Genoace being a completely different machine; the AGE Builder would need to know more about it and more battle experience to properly design a weapon that it can use, if it is the case that the Genoace can't properly power or wield the DODS Rifle.
The AGE builder knew enough to create a brand new spanking cannon for the Diva seconds after it was calibrated.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote