Thread: Crunchyroll Saint Seiya Omega
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-15, 16:38   Link #287
Goty

Send a message via ICQ to Goty
Some interesting revelations here. There are currently two Gold Saints? I guess Seiya is out since he's MIA, so could it be Hyoga and Shiryu? Although thanks to new magazines we know what happened to Shiryu, so can he still be considered an "active" Gold Saint?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
What surprised me the most about this episode was that most of the students were given a day off to go back to their hometowns.

It's really different than the original Saint Seiya where most of the saints were orphans with horrible childhoods who often didn't have a place to go back home to.
Well, regardless of how their childhood were, they still had places they could call their homeland, like Hyoga often going back to Siberia. He didn't need to have a house or living relatives there to think of the place as his hometown.
It's just that the birthplaces of the main characters weren't a big deal in the original series. And when they were not fighting, they spent almost all of the time in Japan - their home - anyway.

As for the mask law, it was always kind of arbitrary. I don't remember it being religiously followed in Lost Canvas either. Anyway, Yuna is an interesting character and there's clearly more to her than what we've seen. That's obviously the case of Kouga and Souma too, so i like how they're handling character development. Next week things should get even more interesting with the arrival of the "son of a hero".

Last edited by Goty; 2012-04-15 at 18:37.
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote