View Single Post
Old 2012-02-18, 16:35   Link #3115
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Actually, there was still a possibility that they could've won the battle on their own without having to bring up Lacus. It wasn't until the AF fleet was destroyed that it became true that they had little to lose by then.

As it stands, bringing up Lacus in a warship in the middle of a battle, instead of waiting to use some diplomatic/neutral channel to release her, would only make it look like the EA captured her and was planning to use her all along instead of it being a humanitarian effort.
Yes, I know, I was thinking about that too... On the other hand, they knew they were facing a strong enemy that they themselves haven't been able to deal with and the fleet they were meeting wasn't necessarily expecting confrontation (what with having Mr Allster on board), so it was reasonably predictable that they would at least have a lot of trouble, seeing how the fleet was not doing well right from the start.
I'm not saying it's a good thing, or that that's what I would've done but maybe they should've considered it as an option, seeing as they didn't have much of a shot at surviving otherwise.
It's not as if Zaft would've reported home that the EA took in Lacus in a humanitarian effort anyway, regardless if that's what happened.
Faerie is offline   Reply With Quote