View Single Post
Old 2013-04-19, 11:15   Link #259
Cookie-Monster

One of my favourite parts of the entire naruto manga was when sasuke tried to kill sakura, and it prompted the premonition that Naruto gave him "if we fight again, we will both die"

I found it to be a really mature/intriguing idea that the the manga could close out with Hokage Naruto protecting Konoha in a animus fight against his old childhood rival, and both of them dying at the end of it.

I dont like happy endings (unless they involve lotion). Some of the best stories involve a bittersweet or outright tragic ending.

Somehow I get the feeling (sarcasm) that Kishimoto was just using that attempted sakura murder and "well both die" line to lend weight to the pointless sasuke/naruto fights

Naruto: "ILL SAVE YOU"
Sasuke: "I DONT WANT TO BE SAVED"
Naruto: "THEN LETS FIGHT!"
Sasuke: "THATS STUPID! JUST LEAVE ME ALONE"
Naruto: "NO! WE MUST FIGHT! KAGEBUNSHIN ....."
------ Kishimoto : "hmmm this logic is fail ..........wait! ... I have an idea!" (silly convoluted sasuke-itachi-revenge logic ensues)

But now i'm not sure if a fight to the death will ever happen. Unless the uchiha hatred is deeper than imagined, and sasuke will flip-flop like Madara did after he made peace with Harishama.
Cookie-Monster is offline   Reply With Quote