View Single Post
Old 2008-01-11, 17:18   Link #1
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Ookami to Koushinryou (Spice and Wolf) Manga Discussion

Opening this thread to discuss the manga for Spice and Wolf (Ookami to Koushinryou).

Its a story of a traveling merchant in a parallel world of early medieval times who meets a young harvest goddess who feels displaced by "modern agriculture" methods encroaching on her village. She wants to return to her birth place in the far north.

Its a story of commerce, religious transition, feudal times, and mostly about the relationship between two very different beings.

The manga is derived from a series of light novels and is being adapted to anime at the time of this posting.
Currently it is only available in Japanese in the magazine Dengeki Maoh and started on September 27, 2007. Rumor has it that scanlations are being produced (ClockworkGiantPandas.com). Once manga volumes are published, I'll update this post with relevant information.

Please do not spoil the manga discussion based on light novel information or anime discussion.
It *is* okay (with me at least) if an adapted scene or moment is compared to its source material but not by spoiling future events. Tricky, yeah.

I'll edit this as I collect a few images and data bits: lifting liberally from Neosam's introduction to the anime thread for now. All credits to Neosam. Hope you don't mind

Notes:
==================================
Official site: http://www.spicy-wolf.com/

Based on a light novel shounen series that is published under the label Dengeki Bunko. For now there are 6 volumes released of the light novel.
Covers:

Spoiler:

Shounen light novel.
少年向け小説(ライトノベル)

Author: Isuna Hasekura
Illustrator: Juu Ayakura

Genre: Shounen (light novel), Seinen (manga), Fantasy

Last edited by Vexx; 2008-01-11 at 18:10.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote