View Single Post
Old 2009-10-29, 04:02   Link #64
Talendra

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
So I've been thinking...... maybe Squado was sent by Kaidou? I mean, we know that he tried to take a potshot at Whitebeard before Shanks came along and stopped him, so maybe he sent Squado to do the dirty deed for him? I think that's a possibility.....
Hm, not so sure about this one. As far as i remember was all the info we got about that Kaidou-accident, was that he tried to intercept Whitebeards forces on their way to MHQ. There was nothing said about motivation.

However, if you think about it, Kaidou and WB were (more or less) neighboors for quite a time. If Kaidou ever wanted to attack WB for the reason of getting rid of him, why didnt he in all those years? Why did he wait for WB to make preparations for war, to gather all his troops etc. ? Why attack him (the strongest man in the world, leading the strongest pirate crew in the world, after all!), when he is at his strongest?

In my opinion Kaidous tried interception was to prevent the World powers status quo to crumble. I would imagine Kaidous thinking somehwhere along the lines of "hey look, i can't let you fight the WG, cause after they beat you up, they will start going after us ... so, you have to fight us first, but if you do, you loose too much forces to even think about fighting the WG/Shichibukai. So just get back to where you came from and forget bout that Ace-guy"

That kind of thinking would work especially if Kaidou is - unlike Shanks and Whitebeard - not the Nakama-type, and in personality and values closer to guys like Doflamingo. Which would be a very refreshing thing to me

edit: The more i think about this, the more it seems like the kind of very sublte foreshadowing Oda like so much. This is already the second little hint we got about Kaidous character being somewhere "New-Era"-like. The first was, that during the fight between Moria and Kaidou, the latter actually killed all of Morias crewmates. While Whitebeard was just recently displayed as someone who did not let his opponents die so easily - just remember the Spade pirates, first he let them run away, and after they came back to save their captian, he just had them beaten up a little.

Last edited by Talendra; 2009-10-29 at 04:15.