View Single Post
Old 2012-01-09, 22:43   Link #38
hinode

It's pretty much a lock that Miyu's origins are magical in nature, somehow. Kuro stated as much in 2wei chapter 8, and Miyu never contested her on that point.

Miyu being a homunculus or something similar would make a lot of sense; it'd explain her initial parody sue-level intelligence and speed, as well as her underdeveloped social skills. Like Ithekro, I find her shared birthday with Illya too suspicious to be a coincidence - that makes no sense if she's merely Shirou's biological sister, or some clone/AU counterpart thereof.

At this point, my best guess is that she's some alternate-universe equivalent of Illya, who got pulled into a different dimension somehow and put into a homunculus body with altered memories.

(Incidentally, one more difference between Prisma Illya and FSN - homunculi! Sella and Leysritt are almost certainly human here; they don't demonstrate any of their inhuman specialized homunculi abilities and clearly have human lifespans. I suspect Irisviel's just a regular human as well. She definately wasn't made to be a Grail vessel in this timeline since Illya was slated to be the original one, but it's possible she's just much less modified and thus closer to human. Illya's the only one who's pretty clearly still been modified, but even with her the process seems to have been different, since she's aging conventionally here.)
hinode is offline   Reply With Quote