View Single Post
Old 2008-02-21, 17:04   Link #33
Blackbeard D. Kuma

So xris, are we going to create a Navy/Marines thread (manga)?

Opening Post
As we all know, the marines is one of the three great world powers in the one piece universe. Amongst its vast repertoire of marine personnel, there is a hierarchal system of ranking in place. This hierarchal ranking system is as follows (from top to bottom of authority): Fleet Admiral, Admiral, Vice Admiral, Commodore, Captain, Commander, Lieutenant Commander, Lieutenant, Lieutenant Junior Grade, Ensign, Master Chief Petty Officer, Chief Petty Officer, and Seaman Recruit. Please note that I have taken this hierarchal information from wikipedia as a reference, so it takes credit. Regarding the marine personnel, every individual is bestowed a title of rank based on seniority, combat experience, and skill proficiency.

When comparing the marines to the other two great powers (shichibukai and yonkou), it is evident that the marines have the largest force. Its numbers far exceed those of the shichibukai and the yonkou. However, based on what we have seen so far, a lot of low level marines constitute the bulk of the marine force. The marines high caliber individuals basically comprise the ranks of Fleet admiral to Commodore. Now, considering Ace's imprisonment in Impel Down and Blackbeard successfully claiming the vacant warlord position, it is likely that the great incident foreshadowed at the end of Blackbeard's duel with Ace is going to come to fruition. It has been speculated by many of us fans that this is going to adversely affect all three of the world powers and create a big change in the one piece world. Having said this, most likely the Marines top ranked officials are all going to somehow be involved in this affair. So, the purpose of this thread is to speculate on what roles you think the high ranked officials in the Marines force are going to play in the story to come. When I talk about high ranked officials, I am talking about characters such as Sengoku the Buddha, Aokiji, and Garp. Anything else concerning the characters in the Marines force can also be talked about here. Have fun.