View Single Post
Old 2012-03-01, 01:22   Link #56
Midnight Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin myael View Post
the conversation was awkward because it happened at the wrong place and the wrong time.
It did indeed feel awkward. Considering how Sasuke has always looked up to Itachi, and that he learned the truth about him, it feels more natural to me that if anyone had the ability to reach Sasuke it would be Itachi. After leaving the village and defeating Naruto, I don't think Sasuke even mentions Naruto's name, nor does any of his subsequent goals or endeavors have anything to do with him whatsoever.

So quite frankly, I don't find it convincing that Sasuke and Naruto's friendship is deep enough that Naruto would be the only one who can set Sasuke on the right path, putting aside all his anguish. And, even if Naruto has that ability, why wouldn't Itachi also be able to do so? It just feels horribly contrived, just to make Naruto the ultimate hero.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
It was either nuture Sasuke's hatred for him or leave him a broken, lonely child and let what happens happen.
Sasuke was actually doing well around the time he and Naruto became closer imho. He did indeed start out "broken and lonely" in the classes, but team-7 did have have some positive influence on him, at least socially. He also had Kakashi as a master(an awesome coach/role model), and I'm sure between the two of them they would've come up with a way to get Sasuke a nice MS technique. Sasuke and Naruto were rivals, but it was a sportsman-like rivalry (e.g. Naruto delcaring that he wanted to fight Sasuke in the tournament).

If he kept going down that route, I'd imagine him probably having the mindset of bringing Itachi to justice, rather than "slaughtering" him. Whats interesting is that it was Itachi himself who took set Sasuke on the "wrong path", as his little visit to the village became the catalyst for Sasuke not being satisfied with his growth, and it certainly didn't help that Itachi dismissed him, saying Naruto was more important (which caused a very unsportsmanlike-like resentment towards Naruto), not to mention the mind torture, brutal beating, more taunting, etc.
Midnight Commander is offline   Reply With Quote