View Single Post
Old 2012-03-03, 08:49   Link #1969
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Considering that Paragon Lost is directly marketed by Funimation, I'm not sure it's targeted towards the Japanese. Rather, it's similar to the Batman: Gotham Knight, Halo Legends and the Animatrix of being alternative media, and not necessarily focused on the anime crowd.

A non spoilerific podcast I found:

Quote:
Originally Posted by QT3
Tom Chick's impressions:

http://www.quartertothree.com/fp/201...#disqus_thread

Skip to 52:00, no spoilers.

-Thought ME1 was OK, hated ME2 (all levels felt like space dungeons, too streamlined), really liked ME3. He said it was the best out of the three
-Really liked the gameplay and levels. only some "go from Point A to Point B" in ME3, but for the most part, they do a really good job making the levels more spectacular and less linear. Areas are also a lot wider
-RPG elements are back and much better, finally figured out a way to combine RPG/shooter and make it feel coherent.
-ME3 really feels like the most confident game Bioware has done since KotOR
-Really loved the story, they resolve a lot of of really cool, long-standing arcs from previous games. Fans will love how plot arcs are resolved.
-Really loved the ending, and loved that Bioware took a interesting bold choice. Agreed that some people might not like, but he personally, loved it and felt it tied all the knots to the Mass Effect trilogy.
Edit:

Also, this is one reason why I don't trust supposed "spoilers" on the net: Conflicting accounts. On the "From Ashes" DLC for example, two players who have supposedly played it early said different things. One says "the DLC seems important to the game", while the other says "he feels there are no holes in the game that need filling by DLC". Which is why I'm reserving judgement until I actually get the game for that one, because sometimes it's difficult to tell who's telling the truth, and who's yanking your chain.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.

Last edited by LoweGear; 2012-03-03 at 09:24.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote