View Single Post
Old 2009-06-07, 21:19   Link #15
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeroz View Post
kind of disappointed that the anime is not a retelling of the story but a reinterpretation.
I am glad to see more detailed background to the characters, but at the same time I kind of missed all those battle scenes in the game. Guess they listened to their critics about unrealistic combats that they decided not to spend more time on them~unless it's necessary. Which is a pity though, since that would mean the rest of the squad would just be back up characters instead of great soldiers.
(i want to see a marina penetrative headshot........
I think it's probably best to think that both the anime and the game complement each other. By experiencing both, you would probably get the best experience of the Valkyria Chronicles world. People always have a tendency to think their first experience of a franchise is the best one (since that's what they got attached to), but I think there's probably stuff to appreciate in both approaches. (I know that since this is my own first experience of the franchise, I really appreciate the personable, character-driven direction of the story -- it's very approachable and appealing for me.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbron View Post
Is there any point to watching this any longer?
Apparently none for you? I don't think people should force themselves to watch shows they don't enjoy, because it's a waste of precious time. But, I for one am enjoying the way it's going, so... *shrug*