View Single Post
Old 2012-01-29, 13:53   Link #19
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
On requesting new threads. I might point out that I requested a thread in the Penguindrum forum dedicated to discussing the symbolism. Hardly an unreasonable request I'd think. I never got a response.

If you can't get a symbolism thread for a show like Penguindrum then I think the restrictions on new threads is far too high.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I like the current format for new/ongoing series, and ones that only very recently finished, as I think it effectively streamlines discussion, cleans up clutter, and helps facilitate good discussion by focusing people on a few key topics. This is all particularly useful while a show is still a "hot topic" for discussion in the broader anime community.

But I do see Ledgem's point. After awhile, this sort of format can perhaps curtail discussion rather than focus/streamline it in productive ways, as the only people left discussing a show on its series subforum are its most dedicated fans.

Maybe there should be a certain cutoff point, after which an anime series subforum is made open to new threads without needing to persuade a Moderator to post them?

Just an idea. I don't particularly care either way, but I thought it might be worth considering.
I think that would be a decent idea. After all, the main reason to not allow the creation of new threads is that it tends to bury threads that we want to remain visible on the top page (such as new episode threads), leading to duplication and off topic threads.

However, once no new material is being produced the amount of comments and postings drop rather drastically in a series forum. The problem is no longer too many new threads, but a lack of new threads. Allowing the general public to post threads on topics that interest them is more likely to produce benefits then harm.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote