View Single Post
Old 2012-05-03, 19:04   Link #46
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhomochevsky View Post
The Madoka thing refers to this, not to Madoka subforums.
This kind of reminds me of how I first got introduced to the Haruhi franchise, it's a story I like telling so I might as well tell it again. Basically I remember seeing an animated gif for it on a mecha related site and coming here to ask what it was only to notice that suddenly it was everywhere in the anime scene. I asked what it was and started getting the most IMO fanatical posts about how people wanted to "convert" me to "Haruhiism". At first I was a little freaked out, but I decided to persevere and ask more questions only to have it suggested that I was a "heretic" and needed to watch it and love it or else. After watching all 5 of the episodes that had aired up to that point I made some posts about how I thought it was amusing, but that I didn't really like the cast much and my oh my you should have seen some of the responses that got me. I'm used to it now, but back then I had never seen anything quite like that hostile response before and was pretty taken aback.

Still I persevered through the show and the thread as someone who merely thought the show was good in concept but flawed in execution of the casts development and overall appeal, but there's no doubt it severely impacted my appreciation of the show the first time around and even to this day I still have this stigma of Kyoani/Moe hater attached to me by some, even though my official position on them is that most of their shows are okay albeit mediocre as a whole package. In fact truth be told I have absolutely nothing against Kyoani at all and never have (their shows are mediocre to me but largely inoffensive save maybe Lucky Star), my only beef regarding them was how the fans (the ultra hardcore ones that is) went off on me with assured reliability if I didn't react with a post equivalent to kneeling before them and their works when sharing my impressions.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2012-05-03 at 19:15.