View Single Post
Old 2008-09-10, 17:52   Link #78
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

Location: In the eastern capital of the islands of the rising suns...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice of Life View Post
Wrong. It happens all the time in nature.
So it was said in the news article i posted a few days ago, (care to read back a few posts?) but hey humans always get it right the first time when trying to emulate nature be it medicine, techology or other aspects of science.
Let's spell this out shall we?
The experiment has never been created by humans on such a large scale as this.
Quote:
I think if some dude at CERN had killed his mother for the advancement of science we would have heard about it in the news.
Sarcasm dear, sarcasm...
I've seen my far share of sarcasm from the pro side team in the last few pages, i'm tossing in my two pence at the tone this thread seems to be in currently...
Quote:
It's plain old egoism. "I don't care to listen but I demand to be heard."
you're picking off wanderingknight's post there who related it to me.
WK - imagine, you stand on a platform tied to a bungee jump rope, never done it before, never seen it in action, didn't even know about its existance (in case some people aren't catching on, i'm relating this to the machine here)

So you're on the top, you got your fears, the 'what if's', the "those who know what they're talking about" tell you 'it's fine, it's safe, no problem, etc etc etc'
- You're gonna just listen to that and magically feel all your anxieties melt away, right?
No back of the mind worries, but you brush them to the side, no hesistation, no no, the "person who knows what they're on about" = 100% A-ok.

This is why i said what I said to Vexx.
There are things in this thread from those who support that i just see as WTF?
There are things in this thread from those who're against it, that some of you will go WTF?
Even if pple are running around like headless chickens, let them, let the moment pass, but get off your damn prima donna high horse and do not tell those to simply 'shut up', if an huge ass earthquake happens in Saitama, damn straight those in America are gonna hear "Tokyo!" from the news. (Hell, i've seen earthquakes 2hrs by train up north and it still got pinned down as 'tokyo' - my phone and emails came a flooding as pple thought i was caught up in it) :\
Those with no scientific interest or knowledge hear on the news 'today, scientists have started what is known as the 'big bang' machine, etc...'
that's gonna get a few WTF's.

Rather than get frustrated, learn to exercise some patience alike Quarkboy who actually has the ability to break it down into layman's terms minus the sarcasm.
People then may actually care to listen more... once their inital panic has passed of course

(right, i go to bed now and get back to holidaying like i should be focusin on, lol)

Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. - Van Wilder
"If you ain't laughin', you ain't livin'." - Carlos Mencia
Mystique is offline   Reply With Quote