Thread: Licensed Kokoro Connect [anime]
View Single Post
Old 2012-08-07, 03:40   Link #882
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

As the drama unfolds and Iori faces the specter of death, Heartseed's words at the end makes you wonder what he really is. To me he's one of either two things:

1. An alien-like observer who knows nothing about human nature and human reactions, thus puts these high schoolers into a twisted experiment to see how human nature works in the shadow of lost individuality and identity.

2. A sort of omnipotent being who does, actually, greatly understand humanity, and does this because he sees something wrong with these high schoolers and subjects them to this trial as a why of teaching them something.

Heartseed's parting words are a bit too neutral for me to conclude what kind of person he is. The second possibility I listed has more benevolence than the first, but again you have to question the method even if you know the motive. For an omnipotent and probably godlike figure, his methods seem too cruel to be benevolent, but his parting much too convenient and forgiving for an observer.

Maybe he's simply amoral?

In any case, that was a gripping last half of the episode. One of the more... emotional final confessions I've seen in a long time.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote