View Single Post
Old 2013-02-21, 23:16   Link #6801
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
Depends on who owns the license, some will pursue that even (like funimation is know to) and if it's regionally licensed or on CR, it's considered illegal to AS at the least.
Ok. I just hate getting fansubs from DVDs or BDs rips because they came from media you're supposed to buy. It's just like stealing and downloading a whole DVD/BD of a movie off of Bittorrent. But I thought that TV episodes would be okay (before any licenses) since they're shown for free, usually as advertisements to buy the series on BD later. In my opinion if you want the high quality from discs you should pay for it like the owners want you to.

So let's say a series is only out on TV, which usually means there is no license. So, is it legal to upload and download those episodes that someone records from TV? Since the owners are putting it out for free on TV, internet fansubs would seem to only generate interest and not lose money. Fansub watchers would either buy the series later (owners get money), or just ignore and move on (owners get nothing b/c the fansub watcher did not like their advertisement, but every advertiser expects that some/most people who watch their ads won't commit to buying). It's not like DVD and BD ripped fansubs, in which case the owners do lose money because why buy the discs when you already have disc quality for free?

Last edited by Kudryavka; 2013-02-22 at 00:14.
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote