Thread: Licensed Tenjou Tenge
View Single Post
Old 2010-08-22, 15:15   Link #288
giorno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
TT really wasn't all that great, even if Oh Great! had planned out everything still doesn't mean it's good writing.
That depends, really, since it's mostly up to personal taste to judge whether it's good or bad. To begin with, you'd hardly consider someone a good writer if you don't like his story, even if it's expressed in a "flawless" way...

I don't think OG is a great writer, but he's not bad either. Especially in TT, he does a pretty good job at telling the story, constantly keeping it from the perspective of the main characters and making a pretty good use of flashbacks and back stories to better enforce the concept of determinism which dominates the plot, created interesting plot twists and cliffhangers, all while keeping it relatively simple and easy to follow(well, unless you have the attention span of Homer Simpson, in which case it's your fault if you're not able to follow it)

i think he does exaggerates in the use of hyperboles and philosophical stuff, which is his main flaw

his story-telling in AG is definitely worse, but i wouldn't say it's bad either

Quote:
Thing here with Oh Great! is he comes up with some interesting premises that start off pretty well but then it just seems to go down hill from there. AG is the prime example.
That's just a matter of taste, whether you like the story or not