Thread: Licensed Highschool of the Dead
View Single Post
Old 2010-09-14, 19:27   Link #4395
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
As I understood it (and maybe I just got it all wrong!) his father is a complete utter failure as a father and husband, and his mother committed suicide because of him. In the end he more or less ran away somehow and became a teacher leaving that life behind. But, apparently after going though all that shit he's more then happy to make someone else's life complete crap; and supposedly becomes a complete ass afterwords too. What's with this 180 turn? Would it not make more sense for him to actually help the cop after hearing that?

That's what I don't get. Normally when you have a problem afterward you sympathize with people who have that problem. By no means do you want to cause the problem yourself; and this has nothing to do with anime. I don't know, either his character is just broken from a plot perspective or he's suppose to be a complete nutcase retard stereotype (along with the rest of the orgy bus). A fear we'll see him for a long time, as it seems their purpose is to break the ice every time the plot needs to make sharp turns (misdirection ftw, lol).
Shido didn't run away, he still wanted to prove to his father that he was worth something, he went to the school he recommended and was also in charge of. When his father revealed to him that his brother would be the one to succeed him, that's what sent Shido into whatever personal hell he's in. Despite that, he continued working for his father, while plotting against him at the same time.

I agree at this point Shido's character appears broken from a plot perspective even with his background revealed, because their's not a reason present to explain his ego tripping narcissism. As for the rest of the bang bus crew, I didn't expect nothing from them, one of them is a bully, another is a slut, and the other two are naive fangirls. They were easy for him to manipulate. I can't help but feel bad for the one kid who got thrown off the bus, if he realized sooner, he could still be alive because he would of left with the rest of the main cast.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote