View Single Post
Old 2012-07-22, 11:09   Link #34541
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I dunno, doormat to the nth level is more my complaint. There's also the spoken but never shown rapid improvement in IS piloting skills. He really seems to lack direction in his life as he just seems to be the type of guy who says "Wait, you want me to be a doctor? Sure" *takes four years premed and almost finishes* "Wait? Now you want me to be a lawyer? Sure" *changes courses and has to start from scratch* "So I should just settle for restaurant owner? Sure" *drops everything and self studies culinary arts*

Just those are probably things I attribute to Chifuyu's upbringing.

These are just things I want to improve on his character in particular.

Giving him a backbone doesn't mean he'll be chewing anyone out. But he won't cave as easily as canon Ichika anymore. Canon Ichika cared more about people liking him than sticking to his decisions IMO(what happened to that cool kid who punched the bully leading the whole class? D: )

Skill improvement. I actually want to show that despite his failings, he's learning. The fact that he is failing is because his opponents are improving as well. Circumstances aside I just don't want to hear someone like Tatenashi praise him for improving and then promptly having his ass handed to him by the next bad guy. Since apparently the improvement was only good against that last important fight and only that specific fight and not the opponent.

Last is direction. I want Ichika to actually want to achieve something. In canon he doesn't seem to have any hopes or dreams whatsoever...

If it seems like I'm bashing again then please feel free to ignore the post
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote