View Single Post
Old 2009-09-19, 23:47   Link #1109
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Hmmm, while I fon't think it need to have a betrayal, I don't think it is impossible.

Lets analize the three factions:

IDE:
Their main goal is observe Haruhi. That, by itself mean they are pretty much neutral. However, I believe they would chooise to intervene if a possibility of Haru Power vanish happen. No antagonism with the Organization or the Time-Travels for now.

The Organization:
Want to keep Haruhi happy to avoid world destruction. If there was a possibity of their 'god'(not even then believe hse is a god, btw) lose her power, they would probably go for it. It is not like they like doing what they do. A good setup for a betrayal. Tat makes then antagonize the IDE (who wants the power to continue to exist), but not necessarially the Time-Travels.

Time Travelers:
They are trying to fix the timequake and that is it. From the three factions, they are the ones who give less credits to Hauhi's powers. They seem to not like the Organization because their believess contradict everything they know about the 'time'. They are like scientist and the Organization being a religious group. If there is a possibility of rid-off the godlike powers, it is hard to know what they are going to do. They would try if they believe its helps then to back more the 3/4 year ago.

Now, about the three main characters.

Yuki:
Seens to be loyal to Kyon.
Spoiler for vol.4:

Itsuki:
Hard to tell what he want. Everything we knows about the Otganization was told by him, so and it seens he likes that view.
Spoiler for Vol.5:
Also, he is the one whose personality more fit to a traitor.This helps to me think he is not going to be one.

Mikuru:
She seens to belives in the Time-Travelers main goals and that is it. If they order she to betrayal Kyon she will probably do so. She will probably don't like it. However, she don't even believe anything can be done if the future say something must be done. The novels never gave us a reason to believe she would side Kyon, it is kinda againd her personality, tough.

That is it. I don't really believe in any of the main factions. They all seens to be kinda evil (not really evil, but unfriendly. Of the main characters, if is going to be a traitor, I would bet in Mikuru.