View Single Post
Old 2013-01-01, 15:07   Link #209
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
Jiraiya has almost died only 2 times: Once when loosening the seal on Naruto and once when he peeped on Tsunade.
lol. It's not like we know much in the way of details about that particular instance. So I'm not sure that would provide any meaningful proof of anything beyond the fact that she can really hurt you if she can hit you.

Quote:
Also we haven't seen Tsunade fight all out, the one time she did it was against Madara and most of the fight was skipped. Even then she was able to destroy Madara's susanoo with punches. She's also considered the strongest kuinoichi in the world.
Yeah. We know how much destruction she can cause with her fists. But as I've repeatedly suggested, all that destructive strength means nothing if she can't connect with it. And Konan's not exactly an immobile close-range type of fighter. True, Tsunade further demonstrated some impressive feats of strength against Madara and Susanoo. But instances such as this are redundant in the sense that all they further prove is the prowess of her physical strength--which has been well acknowledged by now. Neither Madara nor Susanoo where demonstrating a concerned effort to try and evade those attacks. Madara basically took those attacks head-on with Susanoo. I don't see someone like Konan having the same approach.

Quote:
As for the exploding paper Konan has, if that acidic spit thing is put all over them they probably won't reach Tsunade and then all it takes is one of Tsunade's techniques for Konan not to move her body anymore.
And this is where things get messy. Because now it comes down to a bunch of a hypothetical scenarios where we can get caught up in an endless cycle of "if"-based arguments. So basically, where as you could argue that the match would be over if the slugs spit connected, I could just as easily suggest that Konan might be able to avoid it or blow Katsuyu up before she can use it (or any other possibility I can come up with off the top of my head.)

So I respectfully draw the line here.

Ultimately I prefer to decide these things, based solely on considering their respective techniques, strengths, and weaknesses. Having done that, I'm still of the opinion that both of these women possess ways to create plausible circumstances for victory (circumstances we could probably continue to argue and debate upon ad nauseum).
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote