View Single Post
Old 2012-11-25, 07:16   Link #402
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by neshru View Post
It was just an excuse to make the rest of the team notice Kabuto quickly. Doing what you say would have looked out of place in the context of the episode's narrative. It would have ruined the flow of the episode.

In the end it's not like Naruto was acting particularly out of character, so I don't see the problem. I'm cool with Rasengan attacks out of nowhere when they look bad-ass like this.
I don't get what is this "flow of episode" you are talking about. They could have made Naruto smarter in that scene and still end up him attacking with a rasengan, as he did against Kakuzu. And as Kakashi tells then to the viewer Naruto did grow a lot, he used his clones to learn about Kakuzu's abilities, then with his next attack he tricked Kakuzu to think the clone is the real one. The other strange thing is that Naruto was enraged here, he had the kyuubi eyes, and this is after Jiraiya's and Nagato's death so Naruto shouldn't be like that any more.

My problem with Naruto behavior is that it seems the story of this filler wants to dumb him down so that the other members of the team have a chance to do something meaningful. I mean we are talking about the guy who was fighting Pain alone while the rest of the village was hiding behind rocks, this guy should be on a completely different level than people like Sakura, Sai and Yamato. So instead of dumbing down Naruto they should balance out things by having Kabuto be on the power level where it is needed for the story. For example let the rest of the team fight Asuma level character while Naruto fights in sage mode against some kage(s). They can invent some kage that exists only in anime filler, that doesn't contradict the manga.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote