Thread: Akb48
View Single Post
Old 2013-02-02, 15:23   Link #274
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
True, they are fans but these are level-headed fans (as opposed to foaming-to-the-mouth extremists or purists) because they know the terrain better than some journalist who grabs the nearest man and ask questions or pick up references that aren't well-written or based on hearsay (TBH there are only a handful of academic dissertations that attempt to study the idol system in closer detail, and not all of them paint a balanced picture).

If you think it's biased, who else are you going to believe?
They are biased, and as for your question, I won't believe anyone. I'm fine with my own personal take on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
(It's sad and funny in that some people who watch 0048 say that they aren't interested in taking a peek at the real group, although many situations in the anime were based from or inspired by real events.)
Personally, I have taken some time to know the real life group better. I have watched documentaries and listened to their music a bit. But ultimately, the anime is the anime and real life is real life. For instance, if Yuuka was a real idol she would have been expelled or at least punished for having this quasi-boyfriend of hers!