View Single Post
Old 2012-03-05, 18:50   Link #226
Voxxen
Observer

Ooh, so they found the tape foretelling the deaths of the two students and suddenly (Possibly) two people die that are connected to the class.

Also, the tape skips the part that would be the most helpful to them, I think its hilarious how the WORST possible thing always ends up happening to them. Finding a clue it gives just enough information where your left hanging, yet still want to speculate on the next happenings. They escape the teacher, but at what cost! xD

I don't see why it would be that big of a deal to be caught in the school listening to a tape. If anything I think the teacher would be interested in the tape as well. (At least I would, if i know about the calamity)

1: So they reach the bottom of the mountain and they call for help. (Although, it being to late)

2: Then he says:

"Right after we finally reached the bottom of the mountain, that's when it happened."
"And by it, i mean..."
"I"

So they reached the bottom of the mountain and something happened that involved himself. It goes to reason the way he stated "I" that he was the cause of this event?

Just so people can quote the tape without going back and forth I'll post the entire event.

"Um..."
"My... My name is Katsumi Matsunaga"
"I'm a student of the 9th grade, class 3 of 1983"
"When i finish recording this, I plan to hide it somewhere in the classroom."
"If you're listening to this tape, you're most likely in class 3, as well."
"I wonder what the likelihood of that is..."

(Shows the scene in front of "Ayano's" door with father getting in car, "Ayano" says something silently at the door and shuts it)

"It's possible that you guys are also terrified"
"By the senseless disaster that I... that we..."
"Never mind."
"I have two reasons for leaving this tape."
"One is to confess a sin. My sin."
"I want to tell someone what I did."
"I need someone to listen"
"The other is to give you some advice."
"It's about the extra student who gets mixed up in the class, and the calamity that happens as a result..."

(Show's truck with a crane on it, pulling out)

"How it can be stopped."
"In other words..."
"Actually, I should start at the beginning."

(Show's truck driver stop and pull out an umbrella, then flips to "Ogura Yumi" brother on the computer. Then goes on to "Yumi" walking home and "Ayano" in her car.)

"Our class went on a trip."

(Show's class taking their trip scenes)

"We all left on August 8, for three days and two nights."
"Our homeroom teacher, Mr. Koga, had suggested that we visit a local shrine."
"There's an old shrine in this town called Yomiyama Shrine."

(Yomi (黄泉?), the Japanese word for the underworld in which horrible creatures guard the exits; according to Shinto mythology as related in Kojiki, this is where the dead go to dwell and apparently rot indefinitely. Once one has eaten at the hearth of Yomi it is impossible to return to the land of the living.) Source = Wiki

(Yama-no-Kami (山の神) is the name given to a kami of the mountains in the Shinto religion of Japan. These can be of two different types. The first type is a god of the mountains who is worshipped by hunters, woodcutters, and charcoal burners. The second is a god of agriculture who comes down from the mountains and is worshipped by farmers. This kami is generally considered as a goddess, or a female deity.) Source = Wiki

(Yama, In Buddhist mythology, Yama (Sanskrit: यम) is a dharmapala (wrathful god) said to judge the dead and preside over the Narakas ("Hells" or "Purgatories") and the cycle of rebirth.) Source = Wiki

"He said that if we all prayed there, he was sure the curse would be lifted."
"There were 22 students in all, myself included."
"We only half believed him."
"On the second day, we climbed the mountain to visit the shrine."
"It was so old and run-down, like it had been abandoned by the world."
"Even though it bears the name of the city, it looked like it hadn't been maintained at all."
"So we decided to clean up the grounds while we were there."
"At the time, we hoped that maybe this would lift the curse."
"And after we prayed, our teacher confidently declared."
"Everything will be alright now."
"But it wasn't."
"It wasn't that easy."
"As soon as we left the shrine, the clear skies suddenly turned overcast, and it began to rain, complete with lightning strikes."
"As we hurried down the mountain, the first victim was a boy named Hamaguchi."
"He was kind of dumb."
"He was the only one who'd brought an umbrella."
"And we were on a mountain, in a lightning storm..."
"He was walking in front of me, when..."
"For a second, my vision went white, and i heard a huge crash."
"Hamaguchi had been struck by lightning."
"I still remember the smell of his flesh burning..."
"Anyways, the students panicked and bolted, leaving Hamaguchi behind, desperate to get off the mountain as quickly as possible."
"But moments after we all took off, blindly running through the rain..."
"The second victim was taken."
"A girl named Hoshikawa."

(Show's truck driver from before at a vending machine, while the truck rolls backwards)

"In her panic, she slipped and fell of a tall, sheer cliff."
"All we could do was call for help at the foot of the mountain."
"But in the end, we couldn't save either of them."

(Truck hits "Yumi's" house, lighting strikes in the background)

"Praying at the shrine had no effect whatsoever."
"Now, this is the important part."
"Right after we finally reached the bottom of the mountain."
"That's when it happened."
"And by it, I mean..."
"I..." (Cut's off)

Tell me what you guys make of it.

BTW, there are a few clips of the upcoming episode at the very end, be sure to watch them!

*Thanks for the point out Haguruma
*(While Yomi (the Shinto underworld) is most likely infered by the name of Yomiyama, the shrine is written 夜見山神社 just like 夜見山市...so when reading it it is more like "night view mountain".) Thank's for the translate

Last edited by Voxxen; 2012-03-05 at 20:04.