View Single Post
Old 2009-08-22, 23:50   Link #95
ickem
シェリルの為に!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
I doubt Senjougahara is losing any sleep because of the falling out that has happened between them; rather as she says so herself, she wasn't able to settle matters properly when she tried to end her friendship with Kanbaru. Proper closure wasn't met, and perhaps this continues to be a complicated matter especially if she happens to know that Kanbaru has feelings for her beyond mere friendship.

I imagine that their friendship was something that Senjougahara could rely on back then—something that she could use into order to cope with her issues—but Kanbaru discovering her secret was the straw that finally broke the camel's back. She threatened with staplers, hell and brimstone just as she did with Araragi in the first episode. While Kanbaru was the friend she scared away, Araragi was the stranger who still wanted to help.

Perhaps now the two can reconcile. Unfortunately for Kanbaru, such a reconciliation wouldn't be the kind that she's looking for.
I didn't mean to imply that it haunts her, just that it probably does hurt her a little now that she has gotten her emotions back. They hadn't seen each other for a year when Kanbaru found out her secret, so Hitagi had a lot of time to build up her defenses anyway. Still, I think she was little disappointed at the time though. She says that she doesn't plan to go back to how things were, but part of it is that she feels that she can't get things back I think. That's one of the reasons why Koyomi asked about her relationship with Kanbaru in the first place. He thought she could still get back some of she lost or threw away.

「ほら、私が、私の家で、二人きりで、昼となく夜となく、散々面倒見てあげたじゃない」
「………………」
 何故わざわざそんな言い方をする……。
 父親のいるところで、父親不在のときに家で二人きりになった話題など……。
ickem is offline   Reply With Quote