View Single Post
Old 2013-01-06, 23:11   Link #9163
Used Can

Normally I would say this would lead to interesting developments, but considering the plot in CTMEOY is likely canon, I don't think Hata is straying off from the status-quo.

I suppose the likely outcomes are:
- Nagi wins, Hayate finds the stone and they go back to the Mansion.
- Ruka wins, Hayate finds the stone and, despite having his debt paid, he says he wants to remain as Nagi's butler and they go back to the mansion.
- Ruka wins, Hayate finds the stone, Ruka tries to pay off his debt but Hayate says that's something he wants to do on his own, thus he remains as Nagi's butler and they go back to the mansion.

I don't think Hata has shown Nagi as taking the dōjinshi seriously thus far, and despite the current chapter, I don't think she'll be much more serious later - though, she'll likely actually work on it now. Ruka, on the other hand, has been shown as working so hard that she even collapses. So, I'm not sure sure if Hata will have Ruka win or if Nagi will be favoured due to MC status. He could even have them tie. Whatever the outcome of the dōjinshi competition might be, Nagi still wins overall.

So, I'm not having my hopes up on the possibility of any new development - in terms of Hayate's love/personal life that is. We're still yet to know anything about that 28th thing, Himegami, Ikusa and whatever we're yet to know about the Royal Garden. We're also yet to know about Yozora Hōsen's intentions and plot relevance. Hopefully, we'll get some info on any of those before this arc ends.