View Single Post
Old 2013-05-11, 07:58   Link #400
icebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by icebreaker View Post
He even said that siscons are abundant in Chiba.
Lol no one realized what this means. Of course there isn't an abundance of siscons in Chiba. The author is referencing to Oreimo which is set in Chiba as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terribad View Post
I didn't know Hachiman lives in Chiba. Or are you saying Hachiman is a siscon because "it takes one to know one". I'm not sure.
The novel heavily references to everything in Chiba. Watari Wataru received some badge from the Chiba mayor for this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by csuree View Post
Damn that sis-con of a Hachiman...By the way....Is Komachi a bro-con? because she's raking in points, like in a visual novel when you are on the little sister route.
Yes Komachi is a bro-con (read: over-reliant sister). But she also tries to pair Hachiman up with Yukino/Yui.

Hachiman, due to his past, has a rotten personality.
And there is more to Yukino's past too. I think when Haruno says "So Yukino wasn't chosen once again" (Volume 5) it refers to her wish "To succeed my father" she wrote in her primary school yearbook (Volume 6), and most likely that Haruno was chosen to succeed their father, hence her family problems - There might be more to it, but as of now that's what I think.
Yukino seems to have some dark history with Hayato too. I don't think it was simply a confession from Hayato. I don't think one confession is enough to make Yukino hate someone that much. They must have been good friends in childhood or whatnot, at least I think there is more to it.
These two characters' development out of the shadow of their past, I think, are the major spectacle of this novel. Regardless of who Hachiman ends up with, even if he ends up with no one, I think it is granted that they will somehow help each other out of their past.

Last edited by icebreaker; 2013-05-11 at 08:12.
icebreaker is offline   Reply With Quote