View Single Post
Old 2010-11-15, 12:29   Link #82
Undertaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post

That's exactly it. I don't want her to be perfect, I just wish her personality had at least one positive trait.

It wasn't exactly clear, no. In fact, I thought Kirino was very likeable in the first episode, that coupled with the title "My sister can't be this cute", I was actually fooled into thinking she was going to be one of those nice little sisters I love so much. My loss. Now that I know exactly what to expect, you can be sure I won't complain to much.

I personally think it's the trade off for having the anime pretty much in a 3rd person point of view.

In LN, because the view is told from Kyosuke only, you got more of how and why he acts this way, and gets to see Kirino in a way he was thinking, therefore, the LN Kirino is much more likable, she is still a bi#ch, but a likable bi#ch, fairly similar to Haruhi and Yakushiji Ryoko, minus the god-like power, and perfection respectively of course.

What this episode felt at was that it kept the date part skipped the rest of the volume 3. The date part was suppose to show one of Kirino's good side, and that is despise what she was saying, she works hard for what she have right now and is taking it rather seriously. Unfortunately that part was lost during the adaption.
Instead, it only enhances her bi#chy personality.

And that is the issue I've see so far. The LN has pretty tie plot. Unfortunately due to the series being only 1 cour, a lot of information necessary for new viewers were lost, and couple of scenes with Kyosuke-commentary that should have been remade was left unchanged minus the commentary.

The result being that they showed all the important events in the LN, but failed to connect all those events together and lacks the transition.

Think of it as Kuroneko's Marchera dojin-fic. You got to have to know some background on the series otherwise there are a lot of plot-holes and inconsistency.