View Single Post
Old 2012-06-05, 10:03   Link #1020
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
It's not like I'm white-knighting for Yuuko, it's just that rape is too overused a plot device for this kind of story which involves a girl who wants to forget everything about her.
QTF. It is a horrible thing, yes, but it's also one of the easiest ways to raise sympathy for a character; most of the time it just feels like a cop-out. And that's precisely why I hope that Yuuko wasn't raped before she was left to die. And even if that turns out to be the case, I won't be disappointed or sad, but angry; so very angry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredFriendly View Post
Frankly, I hope Teiichi gets stuck with Yuuko, and that she makes his life a living hell for all eternity. As a person, he's not much better (if at all) than her. She abuses his club-mates to no end, and he has nothing but praise for her. She shoves him down a flight of stairs, breaking his leg, and he seems to accept it as an act of love. Both of them are pretty pathetic as human beings. They deserve each other. Kirie and Momoe oughta feel lucky that they've escaped the noose of being his girlfriend.
Oh, wow. You're one funny guy.
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote