View Single Post
Old 2012-06-15, 17:22   Link #11
Kaihan
Barrel!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
Also, about malwarebytes, does it even look for viruses when you scan your computer? I thought it just looks for malware, which is different than computer viruses. I know that you shouldn't install two different anti-virus programs because they conflict with each other and cause computers problems and I know that malwarebytes can work with any anti-virus program because malwarebytes isn't anti-virus software.

I'd like to know. I'm just hoping that the poster above hasn't been scanning for viruses with malwarebytes when it doesn't even look for them. ^^;
Though I do use Avast virus scan once in a while (once a month). I haven't had anything that Malwarebytes missed that Avast got.
Then again I haven't had a major security breach yet and Malwarebytes only caught a handful of malwares (4 to be exact and they all happen to be from friends USB stick).
But it has raised some alarm bells with me. I'll go get a different Anti-virus scan and post back if all along there was a virus hiding somewhere on this PC.

Current Sig
Sinanju(Poco)

Last Sig
Mimi

Kuon

Last edited by Kaihan; 2012-06-15 at 17:32.
Kaihan is offline   Reply With Quote