View Single Post
Old 2012-12-10, 15:32   Link #31317
jjblue1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
Pretty sure Ryukishi put the servants under suspicion so we would think that the servants COULDN'T have done it (after all, why would the possibility that was mentioned within the narrative be the correct answer?). A reverse red-herring.
Yes, even in Our Confession is mentioned that reverse red-herring would be used.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall View Post
Also regarding the servant conspiracy: It wasn't entirely what was suggested in the story. For example, while someone does throw out the idea of Shannon-in-a-dress, they don't suggest that Shannon is the one actively trying to act like she's Beatrice, or that Shannon is somehow the mastermind (or even a murderer). There is a constant unspoken assumption that someone of authority - either Genji on Kinzo's orders or one of the other parents - is putting the servants up to it.

Likewise, Rosa is far more suspicious in Turn than the servants. Yes, she's trying to blame them overtly, but the portrayal of her erratic behavior and unexplained knowledge (she was at the chapel but didn't die, the butterfly landing on her back as she goes upstairs, lying about Kinzo, etc.) and the portrayal of the servants in magic scenes (Kanon defending Jessica with his life) tends to make the reader assume that Rosa is just trying to throw suspicion onto the servants needlessly.

Is it nevertheless a bit hackish that it's sort of true? I guess. But it's not exactly the same thing as somebody guessing the entire conspiracy correctly in the first dozen chapters only to have it pan out exactly as they said seven episodes later.
Exactly. No one seems to think the servants acted on their own and well, they've good reasons for this.
Genji served the family through all his life and likely so Kumasawa.
Shannon served it for most of her life.
Kanon and Gohda are relatively new but they work in the family by more than 1 year.
What would they have to gain by starting such thing?
It's not like they can inherit the family fortune.

Of course for Rosa is pretty easy to suspect of the servants. She knows that she's not the culprit and that all her siblings and husband/wifes are dead and she likely know Kinzo is dead as well.

So the culprit is either an extra person, the servants or one of her nephews and really, the servants look like the most likely ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wegenbarth View Post
I'll do Renall a fevor and try to summarize the vids again. I fully watched some month ago and will skim throug them again and post it here.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
The problem I have with someone who's not ShKanon as culprit in the gameboards is... well the whole of Ep 7.

I'm fine with a bit of red herring but an intere episode... it would be too much to stomach.
jjblue1 is offline   Reply With Quote