Thread: Licensed Saki manga
View Single Post
Old 2013-03-04, 03:22   Link #3066
night_sentinel

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
Interesting....very interesting. It does paint an interesting alternative to the siblings bond. The idea of sealing Saki's Rinshan Kahiou being the trigger to unleashing her super rape mode is another tantalizing thought.

Maybe her match in the semi finals may reveal something interesting.
Yeah. Assuming that the Drama CD is canon which is very likely. Then, Teru told Saki about Rinshan Kaihou just before she left for Tokyo. This does explain why Saki likes that yaku a lot - sort of a from memento her dear onee-chan. But at the same time, it leaves several question marks namely what happened to her old playstyle. And as I've said before, sealing Saki's rinshan could be good or bad depending on how Saki reacts to it. From my perspective, its increasingly like a bad button to push.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
Somehow, I think Nagano players’ power level is one of the biggest mistake that Ritz made in Saki series in term of story progressing. Ritz clearly made them too strong for prefecture round which results in the fact that most teams in national looks weak compare to them. It not hard to see that Ritz didn’t plan much about the future content when she wrote prefecture round part.

I don't think Nagano player's power level is a mistake. The writing there is really good. If you compare Side-B to Nagano finals, there isn't much difference in power and its just quarters to the nationals. And on story progress, there is still a dangling plot hook about the mysterious tournament that Fujita is scouting for. It looks like many of the Nagano players are going to make the cut. So yeah... Nagano is just filled with monsters this year even the story says so.

Quote:

Saki vs Koromo match is still the most interesting and the tensest match up until now. Ritz made that match like the grand final or something. Even Teru and Awai match in Achiga aren’t come close to that.
I still wonder how she will make Final round more interesting than Saki vs Koromo match.
I still fangirl everytime when I watch Saki vs. Koromo vs. Yumi vs. Kana. Still, the best match shown ever in the tournaments. This is really tempting me to make a very detailed analysis of that match.

Anyway, I'm also looking forward to Saki vs. Kasumi vs. Toyone vs. Kyouko... its very good as well. Now, that I can read it in one go and not wait monthly for a chapter. Besides, its probably the candidate for the trolliest match in the tournament. ^^

Quote:

Also, @Bladezer
Thanks for your analysis. I recommend that you should do 4-teams versions too. Because in the real match, two teams cannot just focus to each other like that while there are other two teams at a table
Poor Bladezer. That sort of analysis is quite hard considering there are strategies like teaming up and sniping a certain player. 1 on 1 is easier to analyze with minimum bias. But, I know you can do it. Go will be cheering for you.
night_sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote