View Single Post
Old 2012-03-24, 07:21   Link #3
darkdhaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman OS View Post
For those who are unaware ever since the early 90s Banpresto (now a division of Bandai-Namco) has been releasing a series of strategy games called "Super Robot Wars" which is a massive crossover of various mecha anime and manga, all merged into one massive storyline. It started out with simply Mazinger, Getter Robo, and UC Gundam, but as the years have gone on, virtually any robot series has had the potential to take part, from Eureka 7, to Evangelion, to Full Metal Panic. One of the things it is known for is giving the player the change to alter the plots of certain series in some ways, usually by being able to prevent a character's death. Unfortunately due to the many series involved having seperate distribuition rights in the west, SRW is almost always a Japanese only release.

For modern mecha series fans of SRW anticipate a mecha series SRW debut almost from the beginning of the first episode. So of course I was waiting since episode 1 of season one of Code Geass. There were some people who doubted it's inclusion due to the unusual way Geass's plot worked out (main mecha and pilot were the chief antagonist's) and the.....complex way the 2nd season ends up being. But those fears were unfounded because Geass did indeed make it's way to the SRW world.

Geass debuted actually not in SRW but in a spinoff created by the same Company called Another Century's Episode R, which isn't strategy but a real time mecha game. Only the R2 plot was used, and the plot was mostly ignored.

It made it's SRW proper debut in SRW Z2 "Destruction chapter" which features only season 1. In two weeks SRW Z2 "Rebirth chapter" will be released which will move into the R2 plot.

So guys, anybody other than me played these games?
Well, I played the PS1 games but, I could not follow the story and the combats were a little harder because at that time I didn't know to much of japanese, and it's a pity, I would like to know this game story.
darkdhaos is offline   Reply With Quote