View Single Post
Old 2008-01-11, 00:07   Link #60
Mistacloudstrife
"I'll cut them off..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
The PSP was designed in a way that PS2 games can be ported easily onto the PSP and the other way around. I think a CEO, probably marketing department, from sony comfimed this during an interview in 2004. Don't know if it has changed with the lastest SDK and devkit, since the release of the PSP-2000, due to hardware changes. Obviously not every devs studio is going to port their games for both platform, but i reckon we will see more publisher pushing for a dual release.
Easily if they happen to have all the things necessary to port it from the PSP to PS2. If not it would be much much harder.

Quote:
Sorry mate, got confused here. You're saying that porting a psp game to ps2 would mean to increase the resolution? See Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror, devs don't care, since it is just a port, and choose a simple and fast solution.
I read an interview on that just now and they said they raised the resolution of the textures and added more to the basic polygons. And here's a quote to help out my argument a bit.

"Our goal on the PSP was to deliver a true console experience in the palm of your hand. Everything we did in Dark Mirror was designed originally for the PSP experience. But we did most of our prototyping on the PS2..."

They tested alot of it out on the PS2 first, and then started development for the PSP game. They have basically everything there for them, they just needed to put it all together and change a few other things.

Quote:
Don't get me wrong i like both handheld, but what is bugging me is that too many game, on both, but especially on the psp, don't belong on a handheld, simply because they are just too long. RPG, Fighting games, adventure games are for home consoles, jump'n'run, shooting games, simple puzzle games, those are the stuff for entertainment on the run.
I think it's all dependent on the players situation. If I'm going on a long road trip and need to kill ALOT of time, I would want to play an RPG one time rather than a simple platformer many times over.

And the newer PSPs can just be played on the TV, so if you feel that you need to play an RPG, Fighting Game, and Adventure Game on a TV, you can do so.