View Single Post
Old 2012-07-25, 15:29   Link #248
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
Argh, new details. Holmes mailed a notebook discussing his plans to do a massacre at a sold out showing of TDKR to his university psychiatrist. The notebook was in a box in the psychiatrist office and was opened and discovered this week. The package was there since July 12. What the eff, this tragedy could have been averted. Not like anyone in that office new what was in that cardboard box. But now on top of all the other heartache from this tragedy, I bet you will have some people from that office that will be facing issues of severe guilt for a long time, thinking "If only we checked out that package!".

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/25/james-holmes-sent-notebook-psychiatrist_n_1702216.html?1343238606&icid=maing-grid7|aim|dl1|sec1_lnk1%26pLid%3D183966

Edit: I figured he was gonna do or say something that would make me more angry at him again. So much for the small amount of pity I had for the guy a couple of days ago. Throw that out of the window. This guy is not just evil, but a jerk, too. He is asking prison guards how TDKR ends. Very appropriate of him. Also, he has been spitting on prison guards.
This is following pattern -- we're going to find out that this guy was broadcasting intent for weeks/months and no one took it seriously. On the other end of the spectrum, we have schools that go nuts on a student if he/she is a victim of bullying and they glare at someone. Just wretchedly bad risk assessment skills from people who are asleep at the wheel.