Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2010-01-27, 03:40   Link #5736
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Instead of labeling and marginalizing justinstrife, why don't you try and disprove him? Most of what he says is only partly accurate (soem of it is even more akin to rumour mongering than anything meaningful), but by not disproving his assertions, you merely end up ignoring the actual question(s).
No it is just not worth it.
From what I have read so far it is next to impossible to fight a religion-like bias that is based more on belief/prejudice than anything else with factual sound logic.

There are people who are prone to fall for polemics for a lack of (self-)critical thinking. Self-critical... because you will always have to ask yourself, am I just biased now... do I really have all the news input (e.g. read left AND right media sources) to form my own sound oppinion.

If you want to fight against the ever lobbying presence of the guys in the corvette forum or FOX (and so on) this will be a fulltime job, since you will never get the underlying bias away.

Besides, most of the people on this planet are biased towards something anyway, and one bias can counterbalance another bias, that gives room for those people who want to belong to neither side.