View Single Post
Old 2009-05-14, 21:58   Link #324
4get

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emess View Post
After you added the nodes and created your sign, did you actually select/activate your sign? That's the only thing I can think of that'd stop it from getting online :3
"Sign" setup is completely optional, only needed for signing uploaded messages/files when you want to.

You can go online and post/upload anonymously without selecting the default sign or even without creating any signs at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quina View Post
[..]

- I already forward and open the port (if it is the port error the error message would be different anyway I think) {
- Already adding the nodes from several sites
- Already create username
- I turned off my anti-virus and also firewall just to be sure.

Doesn't seems like its uploading / downloading anything - it just said offline. From what I heard my unity suppose to be 2G before I can start download. But since my download is not going anywhere my unity is still sitting at 0 for the past 1/2 hour now.

Is there any magic "GO ONLINE" button I have to click? I can't seems to see any.
PD does the magic automatically It starts connection attempts right from the moment it gets both incoming port setup and some nodes.

sekai: 0 + 0 + 10 (0), 0 / 34

This line from your screenshot means PD knows 10 node addresses, failed to connect to any and there were 34 unsuccessful connection attempts.

By the way, rather strange that you've got only 10 nodes from those "several sites". Try again with this list http://p2p-db.net/dark.txt (~70 nodes), just to be sure.

If it would fail in the same manner - it means something is blocking outgoing connections.

Last edited by 4get; 2009-05-15 at 15:38.
4get is offline   Reply With Quote